Sunday, August 1, 2010

A Growing Girl...

image I know it has been a few days since I have blogged, but when Sawyer is asleep I find myself either wanting to nap with her or try to accomplish other tasks around the house.  Life with a newborn is definitely a challenge, but oh so worth it! 

Sawyer went back to the doctor last Wednesday for her two week checkup.  She now weighs 8lbs 4oz, which is one ounce from her birth weight and is 21 inches long (she was 20.5 at birth).  She is growing like a weed.  It made me feel good that she had gained almost all of her weight back since I am breastfeeding.  That means she is getting what she needs from me.  We are not supplementing with any formula right now.  She is strictly on breastmilk.

Currently Sawyer eats about every three hours during the day and about every 3-4 hours at night.  We are usually able to put her down around 10:00 and she will sleep until about 1:30 sometimes 2:00.  She will then wake back up at either 5 or 6 to eat again.  This is the time I should be getting up with her and getting ready, but I am still so sleepy that I usually just go back to sleep with her and we wake up around 8:45.  I must say she has done a pretty good job at putting herself on a schedule.  I am just hoping we are able to somewhat stick to this schedule once I return to work.  But, life with a newborn is ever changing, so we must just go with the flow :)

Sawyer does not like to be swaddled at all.  She doesn't mind having a blanket wrapped around her from her chest down, but you cannot confine her arms.  She loves to stretch!  She is a very content baby.  She usually on fusses when she is hungry or needs her diaper changed.  She is very good about letting us know when she is hungry.  She does great with the hunger cues. 

image

image

image

2 comments:

Cara said...

So smart to be documenting all of Sawyer's milestones! You will be so glad you did!

Tina said...

So cute. Sounds like she is gettig ona good schedule. I am so happy for you all.