As you remember we did not know the sex of our baby until she was born. Well, because of the c section Spencer would have been the one to show her off in the window and I just didn't want him to get all of the glory since I had been the one to carry her around for 9+ months. So we both had decided we would wait until they were rolling me upstairs to tell them.
Now keep in mind when you have a c section they have to keep you in recovery for like an hour to an hour and a half. So by the time we were able to tell our family whether or not we had a daughter or son, it was almost two hours after I delivered. They were going crazy to say the least. They were questioning nurses in the hallway and even cornered my doctor who had to go a different route just to try and avoid them.
Dr. Stradtman trying to avoid our families.
Here we come! Recovery is over. We are now headed to postpartum (our room for the next three days). The gender is about to be revealed!
We have Sawyer Rhea! Apparently it took about 10 seconds for it to register with everyone that Sawyer Rhea was our girl name we had picked out. We didn't quite get the response we were hoping for. I remember my dad saying, "It's a boy!" before I ever said anything. Once they realized it was a girl, we had already rounded the corner as you can see in the picture. I guess I should have said "It's a girl!!" But I was too drugged to care. Don't get me wrong everyone is ecstatic about having a girl, it just didn't register with them right away!
Our room for the next three days!
to be continued...









No comments:
Post a Comment