After our Dr.'s appointment yesterday Spencer and I went to Brookwood Mall to look for a coming home outfit for our little one. Spencer does not believe LBR needs a coming home outfit, but I do. So needless to say I win. I have always wanted to have this keepsake, and just because Spencer doesn't want it, doesn't mean we don't need it. He just doesn't understand all this sometimes. His biggest concern was the little boy outfit. He just does not like the smocking outfits for little boys. He thinks a little boy should wear sweet little Polo onesies. Now, don't get me wrong I think little Polo onesies are adorable, I just want the special outfit for coming home. So after much deliberation we finally chose a little boy outfit that Spencer could live with. Check it out:
Now, of course this little boy is older, but you can get the idea of what the newborn outfit would look like. There isn't any smocking on it, it's just soft and sweet.
This is the dress I picked out if LBR is a sweet little girl. I absolutely feel in love with this dress. Once I saw it I knew was the dress I wanted. However, I don't feel like this picture does it justice. It is gorgeous in person. Check it out:
This little girl is also older, so you have to imagine it a little smaller.
The sweet lady at Strasburg put these on hold for me so I will just have to send someone down the hill once LBR arrives to pick up one or the other.
Hoping it happens this weekend!









5 comments:
I love both, but really like the little boy outfit! so cute! I love the idea of a coming home outfit, too...and think you did a great job picking out one for either!!! Sorry Spencer!!
My husband doesn't like the smocking outfits either. I bought one that he said Khalil was to absolutely not wear and for me to give it away to someone else. He is definitely a supporter of the Polo onesies as well. My mom bought several just for him.
They are so cute, classic, and southern!
Lindsay! I love both of the outfits..perfect for LBR! Russell is not a fan of the smocking either..must be a guy thing. We can't wait to meet LBR...hurry up!!!
Oh-I love them both-very beautiful! And, from a mom of two boys, I think they look adorable in smocked john-johns and bubbles! You can only do it for so long, and I am not talking lace or frills, just simple and sweet. Boys have the rest of their lives to wear polo shirts, let them be cute and sweet I say!!!!!!!!!! But, I keep dreaming about your baby, and last night your water broke when we were at dinner and it was a Girl!!!! Can't wait to find out soon which outfit your baby will wear! And, wish I would dream about what I am having too!!!!
Post a Comment