Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Update...

We went back to the doctor today for our weekly appointment.  We are  at 39 weeks and 4 days.  When we were in last week she honestly didn't think we would be back for this week's appointment.  However, LBR has chosen not to make his/her arrival yet.  The appointment went well.  Everything looks great.  My blood pressure is good, but I still have not dilated but one centimeter.  She wants to see us back on Monday if LBR has not made it to us by then.  I guess then we will discuss options.  Doc did say that she didn't want to induce unless she had to.  She likes to let first time moms do their thing.  That made us feel a lot better.  We really do not want to go the induction route, and were quite relived we didn't have to make that decision.  Of course there is always a chance we might have to, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

We are really hoping LBR makes his/her arrival soon and on his/her own.  Our official due date is Sunday, so the next few days I am just going to take it easy and hang out around the house. 

On a side note, the doc did say that she was very impressed that I still had skinny ankles this late in pregnancy.  After all those crazy comments I have posted in previous posts I thought this was a very nice compliment :)

Stay posted for more LBR updates...

No comments: