Sunday, August 17, 2008

School Has Officially Started!!!

Can you believe the time has arrived for the students to return to school?  I can't.  Once I finished graduate school I felt as if my summer had just started.  Then six days later I am back to work. 

I am teaching second grade this year.  I am super excited about this new position.  I no longer have to deal with ranging hormones and smart mouths.  My second graders seem to love me and appreciate anything I do.  They also get upset if you don't assign them homework and they love school.  So far this year I have 23 students on roll.  That is a lot, but not as many as the kindergarten and first grade teachers.  They are up to 26-27 students a piece.  Crazy!!!  Fultondale is growing so fast and so many families are moving to the area. 

Anyway, here are some pictures of my classroom. 

Aug 08 009Me on the first day of school standing outside my classroom.

Aug 08 011  A view from the back.

Aug 08 012 Another angle

Aug 08 013

So, that's my classroom.  I noticed I forgot to take a picture of the student cubbies.  The are located on the back wall. 

Hopefully, once I get in the routine of school again I will be able to blog more frequently.  I am off to a great school year.  Stay tuned to see what Spencer and I get into in the near future.  

4 comments:

Cassie said...

2nd grade looks like it is going to be a fun year!!!!!

Cara said...

We are SO happy to have you in 2nd grade! You are such a talented teacher. I know we will have many fun years of teaching together in our future!

Wells Family said...

YEAH! 2nd grade, This should be interesting but in a good way!:)

Ramey said...

I love your room Mrs. Roden! Can I come sub for you one day? I know you will love 2nd grade!