Sunday, July 13, 2008

Remodeling Laredo Drive

So, if you don't know by now, Spencer and I are once again moving.  And once again we are only moving up the street.  We love this neighborhood, I guess we just can't decided on what house we want to live in.  Hopefully this time it will be for at least 4-5 years.  We are moving into Spencer's parents old house.  The house Spencer lived in the entire time we dated.  The renters just moved out and we are busy doing some minor remodeling in preparation of our move in.  Spencer did the majority of the remodeling before the renters moved in, when Betty and Sandy were trying to sell the house.  We just decided to scrape the ceilings to make them smooth, repaint several rooms, and enlarge the laundry room to make a mud room.  We will be able to move in a couple of weeks.  Our goal is to be moved and settled before I have to go back to work. 

Fourth of July 117 This is the den.  You can see where the ceiling has been scraped. 

Fourth of July 120 This door and wall around the door came down and the wall to the left of the door extended down.  I'll have to take more pictures to make this more clear.  But, right now this is what has been going on with us. 

Fourth of July 119

4 comments:

April said...

Looks great! A mudroom will be perfect there. Moving houses and classrooms.....you are a rock star!! Let us know if we can help:)

Lindsay said...

Spencer already has it framed in and everything! Now I believe he just has to paint it and lay the tile. Maybe build a few shelves or something. We are still working out the minor details.

Cassie said...

Now who keeps changing their background?

Tina said...

What a crazy summer. The house is looking good.