Monday, July 14, 2008

I Passed My Comps!!!

Comps is a comprehensive exam that consists of three questions that must be responded to in written format.  You have three hours to answer three questions and you do not know the questions ahead of time.  You have an idea of the topic, but you are not sure of the exact questions.

Comps are given the semester you are expected to graduate.  I took Comps as an undergraduate student at UAB as well as a graduate student.  Comps are UAB's way of determining whether or not you know what you are talking about when it comes to theories and theorists.  Questions can consist of topics such as: alternative assessments, process vs. product, balanced literacy program, modernism vs. postmodernism, principles of teaching, teaching models, etc.  So you can only imagine I did a little bit of studying :)

I am very relieved this step of graduate school is over.  It is a big relief off of my shoulder.  Now I am just counting down until the 31st day of July, which will be my last class as a graduate student!!! 

4 comments:

Wells Family said...

YEAH Lindsay!

April said...

Congratulations Lindsay!! We are so excited and proud of you:) A, R, O, & H!!!

Cassie said...

YAY!!!! Major congrats!

Tina said...

I am very proud of you. You did it!!!