So, let me begin my saying, "This was all Spencer's idea." He came home one day, actually I called him as I was leaving UAB from taking my Comps. He asked me to pick up a Sharpie and a bright piece of poster board. I ask him why, and he said because he has a car sitting in our front yard that he is going to give away if someone will purchase our house for what we are asking. I like to believe Spencer knows what he is talking about and has our best interest in mind, so I stopped and picked up a Sharpie and a bright orange poster board.
So, for the last couple of weeks we have had a Ford 500 sitting in front of our house with a sign that says, "Free with the Purchase of this Home." Well, apparently Brenda Ladun lives in our neighborhood and saw what we were trying to do in order to sell our house. She thought it was interesting and suggested to Ebony Hall that they do a piece on incentives to buy a house.
Spencer and I were up at Laredo Drive making decisions on what we wanted to do to it before we moved in when we got the call. It was Ebony Hall and she was in front of our house and wanted us to comment on camera what we were doing to try to sell the house. Spencer told her that we just weren't comfortable talking on camera. We decided to head back down the hill to see what was going on. Once we got there and started talking to her she convinced me to go on camera. So I did. I don't have the video of what I said, but if you check out my friend Cassie's blog she does.
I have had many people say, "I saw you on TV trying to give a car away!" So then I must tell this story all over again. :)









4 comments:
I think it was a super great idea, and it made an impact cause I hear ya have a renter. Congrats on moving again, it is the cool thing to do.
I think it is a great idea!!You did a fab job on the news lindsay!
Thanks! I am not sure about the renter. We have had several people look, but haven't heard back. We are saying our prayers something happens soon!
I just told the hubby about this. He thinks it's the best idea ever! I agree it is a good marketing strategy!
Post a Comment