Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mom's 50th Birthday

Well, on June 28 my mother celebrated her 50th birthday with friends and family at the lake.  My parents have their camper set up on Lake Guntersville and enjoy visiting every weekend from March until October.  Here are few pictures I took from this exciting milestone!!

June 27-29, 2008 177This is one of the poster's her friends created.  It was placed on the sign at the front gate.  As you can see Riverview Campground is the home of happy campers!

 

June 27-29, 2008 214 My sister, Katie and myself posing for a picture

June 27-29, 2008 208 My mom and I toasting to her 50th birthday.  She has sparkling apple cider and I have the "real stuff." 

June 27-29, 2008 264 My mom's sister, Allison (my aunt).  She lives in Vienna, VA.  Can you see a family resemblance?

June 27-29, 2008 321 The campground lit up at night.  I thought this was a pretty cool picture.

June 27-29, 2008 286 Mom's yummy birthday cake!  Well, at least everyone else said it was yummy, everyone knows I don't eat sweets.

June 27-29, 2008 291Mom just opened her gift from Joycie.  Allison said it is called a "what not."  Apparently it is just one of those items you receive as a gift you are supposed to use to help decorate your house.  As you can see Mom is a little confused on what to say about her new "what not."  It will go perfectly with her new ironing shoes Joycie also gave her.  (Just ask and I will explain) 

Happy Birthday Mom!  I hope it was a great one! 

3 comments:

Tina said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. Looks like all had a great time. Wow there is a family resemblance with your aunt and you and your sister.

You certainly lead a busy life. Keep having fun.

Wells Family said...

My favorite is the new saying "what not". I've never been sure what to call those type of items and now I know! Thanks! Nice pics!

Cassie said...

You will certainly have to explain later about those ironing shoes....