Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring=Yard Cleaning Time!

We have had such beautiful weather lately that Sawyer is dying to be outside.  She absolutely loves it.  What I don't love is the pollen that makes her congested and the fact that our yard needed some major attention.  I love for the grass to be neatly cut.  It is just a pet peeve of mine.  Not only did we cut the grass, but we cleaned up, used the weed eater, and put out 25 bales of pine straw.  It might not sound like a lot, but just take a look at the pictures.  There is still lots more that we want to do to the yard, but as we all now that takes LOTS of time and money!  So, we at least go it to the point where it looks better :)

Spring 2012 001 The back yard.  The doghouse only recently arrived.  It has not been sitting there more than a few days :)

Spring 2012 002 Spring 2012 003

View of the front yard.  Spring 2012 004 View of the front porch.

Spring 2012 005

Spring 2012 006 25 bales of pine straw!

Spring 2012 007 Miss Priss doing her part!

Spring 2012 009 She loves riding the mower with Daddy!  No, the blades aren't on! She kept saying, "I ride!, I ride!"

Spring 2012 010 Giving a little wave to Momma!  She also blew me a kiss, but I wasn't quick enough with the camera.

image Water break from helping Momma and Daddy!

 

Now for the after! 

image

image

Spring 2012 019

Spring 2012 018 

Like I said, we still have work to do, but at least we have started! 

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I have been in Houston too long, I was thinking, "don't you cut your grass every week!" No, silly Cassie you get a break in the winter. We just don't have winter here.

It looks great! I love that Sawyer is such a great helper, what fun!

Hope you had a nice spring break!

Meghan Downs Chambless said...

Everything looks great, Linds! Sawyer is so precious! Love that she helped daddy cut the grass...priceless!!

Wells Family said...

The after pictures are really good! Y'all did put a lot of work into the yard! Sawyer is growing so fast! We need to cookout soon and enjoy the beautiful weather before it gets too hot!