I have been thinking about this post for several weeks now and decided that I should just go ahead and post it because I may not remember these things in the future.
While going through this pregnancy I quickly learned many people like to say things to you whether you want to hear them or not. Now, for the most part people have been very kind and said nice things, but yes, there are people out there that like to say what is on their mind and not think twice about it. I would like to share a few examples. Oh...and people are very quick to give their opinions whether you want them or not.
"You look like you exploded!" Thanks I really appreciate this comment. If I weren't pregnant would you tell me I was fat?
"Are you sure you aren't having twins?" Well, according to the ultra sound technician there is only one in there, but you are welcome to think there are two.
"How's Big Momma doing?" Well, I guess Big Momma is fine she's blown up and on our boat at the lake (Big Momma is our floatation device that we pull behind our boat.) If you are referring to me, why are you calling me Big Mamma?
When asked how I am feeling and I say great or fine they LOVE to tell me, "Oh! You just wait! It gets worse!" Then why ask me if you aren't going to say anything nice????
At the beginning of our pregnancy people suggested we come up with something to call the baby since we weren't going to find out the sex of the baby and we didn't want to refer to the baby as "it". So I came up with LBR which as we all know are my initials, but it also stands for Little Baby Roden. So for the past 30 weeks or so we have been calling the baby LBR. Now, that we are getting close to D-Day, and Spencer and I have names picked out for a boy or girl people like to ask what the baby's name will be. Well, people also like to tell me it doesn't matter what you name the baby it will be LBR because that is what he/she has been called. Ummmmm that is a big NOOOOOOOOO! This comment just does not sit well with a hormonal pregnant woman. Why tell me to come up with LBR and then ask for the baby's possible name and then tell me you aren't going to call the baby by their name, it's name must fit the initials of LBR? Hmmm? Who's carrying this child? That's right you have had your own children, let me have mine!
to be continued....









3 comments:
Why am I not surprized, some people are so rude. If anyone else call you "big momma" you let me know I will take care of them!
I know exactly how you feel. And I agree with you 100%. It is not the best feeling. By the way, I delivered Khalil already. He was early. I didn't see you at yoga and water my last few weeks. I hope everything goes well with you and yours. LeKindra
Post a Comment