Sunday, June 13, 2010

To Say or Not to Say Part II

I had previously mentioned that my last post would be continued.  These are a few more comments I have heard during my pregnancy. 

As you all know Spencer and I chose not to find out the sex of the baby, but there is this lady at work that flat out accused me of knowing the sex of our baby and just telling anyone.  Now, this makes no sense to me whatsoever.  Why would I keep a secret like that?  But, I also had to remind myself she is an older woman with no children of her own, and I think she is just downright unhappy.  This is also the lady that told me I looked like I was walking with a dirty diaper on (meaning I was waddling).  How would she know what a grown person looked like wearing a diaper?  I know I sure wouldn't, much less a dirty diaper. This has been the only person to tell me my entire pregnancy that I looked like I was waddling.  Now, if someone were to tell me that now, I would agree.  I do feel like I am waddling a little more and walking a little more slowly, but of course that is expected since I am only four weeks away from my due date. 

More comments from the peanut gallery:

"Bless your heart.  It is too hot to be pregnant."

"That baby isn't going to come early.  You will probably go over your due date.  I did."  (This one just makes me mad, because guess what?  I am not you!!!)

"How much weight have you gained?" (Is that really any of your business?)

Just a little more venting for the day.  I know all you out there who are pregnant or have been pregnant have comments of your own.  Feel free to share.  I never imagined how many people would not think before speaking to a pregnant woman. 

1 comment:

Cara said...

Oh, the "has the doctor told you how much the baby weighs" statement is PRICELESS! It is seriously the most insulting thing to say! I am trying to come up with a good response to that one...give me time.