Saturday, June 26, 2010

38 Weeks

We went back to the doctor on Wednesday and everything is going great.  I haven't changed any, so I guess  we are just playing the waiting game.  I am getting extremely nervous about what we are going to do with this little one once we get home.  My mind completely skips over the fear of the hospital and labor and goes straight to being the responsible adult that is responsible for the well being of this little one.  I have heard everything just sort of naturally kicks in, so I am really hoping that is what happens.  But, I am still extremely nervous. 

I also think it is going to be crazy to finally know what our LBR is.  It seems like we have just called LBR a baby this entire time, it is going to be very strange to give him/her a name.  However, it is nonetheless very exciting. 

I have been enjoying my weeks off from work, by doing things around the house (occasionally), visiting with my sister, hanging out at a friend's pool, and floating in my own little pool (will have to post picture later). 

I feel we are pretty prepared for the arrival of LBR.  I can't think of anything we need to go out and purchase right now.  The other things we might need can wait until after he/she gets here. 

Here's hoping LBR arrives before July11th!

4 comments:

Cara said...

You will be great parents! Once you get home and settled, you will wonder what you ever did without your sweet baby! I do remember being very nervous about taking care of a new baby, but it all truly does just become natural.

The Grabers said...

I will say that most things came naturally, but not everything- at least for me. Laken is 1 now and I still don't wake up when he cries. Even when he was sleeping in our room, Micah had to wake me up. Part of that was probably pure exhaustion. Make sure you have lots of diapers and wipes...we only had one package of newborn diapers and that lasted like 2 days! If the little one is staying in your room, a nightlight is really helpful in the middle of the night!! We kept that Grobag Egg right next to where he was sleeping so that I could see him in the dark. We also had one next to our makeshift changing table!

Lindsay said...

Thanks Denise! I need to remember to get a night light. That will be very helpful.

SaxMitch said...

I agree with the night light. Khalil's pack and play came with a night light but it wasn't bright enough for changing in the dark. So we use a lamp. He seems to sleep better if it's not completely dark. He puts himself back to sleep faster if he can see a little bit. He gets frantic if he can't see at all. Of course all babies are different, but that has been my experience in the past 3 weeks.