Monday, June 1, 2009

Piper's Haircut

Spencer took Piper and Tater to the vet on Friday for their annual shots and Tater's surgery (so he cannot father any children).  Well, I received a phone call at work from Spencer telling me he was going to have Piper shaved because she sheds too much and it is summer time and she will feel so much better.  I wasn't for this idea because I think Piper has a beautiful coat and I just did not want her shaved.

*When our other cat, Florida, was alive we used to shave him during the summer because he was  a long haired cat.  He loved it so therefore Spencer wanted to have Piper shaved.*

He did it anyway... actually the vet did it.  Spencer had to sign a waiver incase they needed to sedate her.  They said she did a great job.  She loved getting shaved and they didn't have to do anything to her. 

When I arrived in Albertville on Friday afternoon to check on my cats I cried at the sight I saw.  I did not even recognize Piper.  She used to be so fluffy, now without any fur she is the same size as Tater and looks sickly.  Needless to say it is just fur and it will grow.  I must also say she seems rather happy.  Check it out:

008 Piper, before, with all of her hair. 

Summer 015 Piper now.

Summer 014

Summer 017 Tater is recovering very nicely after his surgery.

4 comments:

Wells Family said...

The pictures of Piper are a riot!! Why do they also leave the fur on the end of their tails?? She looks much slimer though...can't hurt a women's image!

Lindsay said...

I wish I could just shave and look like I lost 20lbs. Hahaha!

Cassie said...

I agree with Lauren, the pom-pom left on her tail looks a little off. She kinds looks like a short haired cat until you see the tail. She is super cute though. I have a feeling that if I shaved my head it wouldn't matter how thin I looked, there would be many other concerns among my roomates at Brice!

Tina said...

So cute.