Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dougie Boy

Well, for those of you that do not know my grandfather, Dougie Boy, had to have surgery on his back this morning.  He had a bulging disc and he was in extreme pain.  This stems from a fall he had about two months ago when he was getting mulch for the yard.  He was helping level it out in his pickup truck and he stepped backwards and fell off flat on his back.  It hurt then, and he went to the doctor and had it x-rayed, but it didn't show any damage.  Then two Friday's ago it began to hurt worse.  Needless to say, we went to an brain and spinal specialist he scheduled surgery for today.  Because he wasn't dying from this, he had to wait nearly one week before they could do surgery. 

I have been staying with my grandparents and going over there everyday to help my grandmother with things.  It has been very stressful and exhausting.  However, I must say I am very proud that my immediate family has pulled together during this time to get things done. 

Like I said, the surgery went very well.  He is still in a little pain, but they are going to have him up and walking some this afternoon. He hasn't been able to do that in over a week.  I truly appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts for our family.  He's doing great and should make great progress over the upcoming weeks.  I will be sure to keep you posted. 

3 comments:

Wells Family said...

Yeah for good doctors! Glad to hear he's on the road to recovery!

Cara said...

So glad things went well.

Tina said...

Glad things went well. It is great when everyone works together for a common goal.