Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Washington DC Day 1 and 2

We have been super busy so I was unable to blog the first day we were in Washington DC. 

We left Philadelphia Sunday morning and rode Amtrak into Union Station in Washington DC.

DC 09 004 

Once we arrived in DC we rode the Metro to our hotel, checked in, grabbed a bite of lunch, and hit the ground running.  We took the Metro to The Mall (not shopping) and then met our tour guide on the corner of 15th Street and Constitution for our DC by Foot Tour.  This tour was great.  We learned all kinds of information, but as I am typing I am unable to remember because I am so tired.  I will create a list of cool facts at some point when I am not exhausted. 

We were able to see the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Capitol Hill, Vietnam Memorial, World War II Memorial, and the White House. 

DC 09 005

DC 09 006  World War II Memorial

DC 09 007 Vietnam Memorial

DC 09 013 The Rotunda in the Capitol

DC 09 015 Closer View

DC 09 020 Model of Freedom.  She sits on top of the dome at the capitol.  Freedom stands facing the east with her back to the Washington Monument because it is said that the sun never sets on Freedom. 

DC 09 022 Inside the Library of Congress.

DC 09 025Outside The Library of Congress.

More posts to come!

1 comment:

April said...

Sounds like ya'll are having a great trip!! DC is such a fun city-love all the pics! Looks like great weather too! Enjoy the rest of your trip! See you soon!