Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!! 2014

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday. I am sad my Christmas vacation is over with tomorrow, but looking forward to what 2014 has in store. Last night we had Spencer's parents up for dinner. I have been watching a lot of cooking shows lately and saw a recipe for Steak Oscar. I have been wanting to make this for weeks! So I decided to make it for NYE dinner. It was DELSIH! Basically, Steak Oscar is just a filet mignon served topped with sautéed shrimp and hollandaise sauce. I used The Pioneer Woman's hollandaise recipe.
For an appetizer we enjoyed pears topped with prosciutto , goat cheese, and honey drizzle. We then had a mixed green salad with fresh strawberries, feta, bacon, served with a warm vinaigrette. Our main course consisted of a filet topped with hollandaise sauce and sautéed shrimp, served along side roasted brussel sprouts, and garlic-rosemary smashed potatoes. Might I say again, it was FAB!! It will definitely be served again!

No comments: