Sunday, April 10, 2011

Not Again....

Yes, again.  Tomorrow morning we are headed back to the ENT to have Sawyer's right ear tube replaced.  When we went back for her post-op visit both tubes were clogged.  So for two weeks we tried to unclog them by doing three drops of white vinegar twice a day.  We were able to successfully unclog the left ear, but no such luck with the right.  So we went back to the ENT on Thursday, and the doctor tried to unclog it.  This.was.not. fun.!!!!  I had hold her down in a bear hold, while the nurse held her head and the doctor put drops in and tried to suction out the clog.  POOR.BABY.  It was terrible.  He wasn't able to do it, so he said we could continue the vinegar drops or he could just replace it.  I chose to replace it, because she is already congested, which leads to ear infections, which leads to a fever, and then a seizure???? I don't know.  But I am not taking a chance.  I just want my baby to be well and her ear tubes to be working properly. 

We have had so much going on and I have not been able to blog, but my goal is to get back on track.  I have a lot to share.....

1 comment:

Naptime Confessions said...

I hope everything goes well in the morning. Maybe this will be the last time you have to deal with those tubes!