Monday, November 22, 2010

Four Months Old

We took Sawyer for her four month well baby checkup today.  She did great!  She now weighs 15lbs 13oz and is 24 inches long.  She is in the 90% percentile for her weight and 75% percentile for her height.

The things I can do at four months:

  • Hold my head up
  • Sit in my Bumbo seat and eat my cereal
  • roll over (from tummy to back and from back to tummy if I try hard enough)
  • Laugh, giggle, and coo
  • Reach for objects
  • Hold onto objects
  • Yank the fire out of Mommy's hair
  • I LOVE bath time!!

Sawyer is a very happy baby.  If something is wrong she is quick to let you know and will return to being happy baby as soon as you fix the problem. 

Lately she hasn't been sleeping through the night very well and Dr. Farr told us that it is time we let her "cry it out."  I told him I would try, so I will let you know how it goes.  He said a baby her size should be sleeping 9-12 hours per night!  Wow!!!  Let's get this baby sleeping.

In about four weeks we will be starting her on Stage 1 baby food!  Pictures to come!!

Look at me!  I am four months old!!!

Fall 2010 006

Fall 2010 003

4 comments:

Wells Family said...

So cute! Glad to hear she is doing so well! Good luck with the sleeping, I'm sure you both will do great! Can't wait to see her again~she is growing so fast!

Cara said...

Dear Sawyer,
I am glad that you made with through the 4 month visit with flying colors! It gives me hope for my 4 month visit. Playdate soon, k???
Love,
Mary Holland

SaxMitch said...

Khalil started waking up in the middle of the night too. I think it was just a phase, plus he had a cold. I couldn't force myself to let him cry it out, especially since he wasn't feeling the greatest. This week he finally started back sleeping all night without me having to try this method.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Sawyer is getting! So precious!