Saturday, January 16, 2010

15 Weeks Already?

Spencer and I went back to the doctor on Thursday for our 4 week (monthly) check up.  We actually had to see another doctor in the practice because my doctor was out due to a death in the family.  I am really glad we were able to meet another doctor in the practice.  He was really nice and definitely made me feel very comfortable about using this practice.  The check up went very well.  We were able to hear LBR's heartbeat on the Doppler.  It is always a relief to me when I can hear the heartbeat.  It really makes the pregnancy a reality.  Other than my clothes beginning to fit a little snug and my stomach beginning to become hard, I do not really feel pregnant.  I am actually still wearing my regular clothes, but I do feel that will be changing in the next couple of weeks. 

The next time we go to the doctor I will be 19 weeks.  We will be having an ultra sound during this appointment.  This is where if we wanted to find out the sex of the baby we could.  However, we have chosen not to do so.  We want it to be a surprise.  Surprisingly it does not even both me that we could find out and aren't going to.  I am really excited to wait.  I love to be surprised and that NEVER happens (except with this pregnancy, which is a WONDERFUL surprise).  So to actually be in control of being surprised is a great feeling!

So far during the pregnancy I have not been sick.  I have  had a few headaches and several food aversions, but I have not actually been sick.  I am so thankful for that.  It makes the pregnancy so much more enjoyable.  I am also taking prenatal water aerobics and prenatal yoga.  I look forward to these classes every week.  I highly recommend them to anyone who is pregnant.

I get an update every week from www.babycenter.com.  This is what is happening this week:

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")

Crazy huh?  I can't believe how much LBR is growing and how quickly!  It's truly amazing.  I can't wait to see what the future weeks have in store for us!

1 comment:

Cara said...

You will be so glad you are documenting these things. LBR will love reading about what life was like for you once he/she gets older.