Well, if you haven't heard by now, Spencer and I are expecting our first child. We are due July 11, 2010. We were very surprised, but that has now turned to pure excitement. We cannot wait to meet our little one! We have decided that we are not going to find out the sex of the baby. We would also like that to be a surprise. As my dad put it, "It's like knowing what you are getting for Christmas and not being able to play with it for another five months." So we are going to wait and let that be a surprise too! Now, many people do not like this idea, and cannot understand how in the world I am going to prepare for LBR's (Little Baby Roden) arrival. I know the teacher in me would know right now if I could, but I am taking a completely different approach with this. I am going to plan, but not over plan. I do not need all pink or all blue. I already have the nursery planned out in my head, now I just have to locate everything and make it come together (with Spencer's help of course).
Our families were very excited when we shared our wonderful news with them. Some seemed surprised and others seemed to expect it. However, we have had nothing but love and support for LBR.
On a side note, LBR stands for Little Baby Roden, but those are also my initials. So sometimes I refer to myself as LBR squared. Haha!









3 comments:
LBR will be the BEST gift you have ever been given!! Your lives will change in the most wonderful way possible. You guys have such supportive families, which will make life so sweet for your new baby. We are all so excited about this sweet blessing!
On a side note, did you see that baby in the babystrology thing...it is moving...I think...
I personally love that you are waiting to find out what LBR will be in. Alhtough I really love that you refer to yourself as LBRsq!!!
Love it, Congrats!
Yeah for babies! It really is the best thing ever! Very exciting to not find out the sex of LBR! We couldn't be happier for the two of you!
Post a Comment