Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer is officially over!

Well, since today was "Meet and Greet" with my new students I do feel that the new school year has begun.  It's hard to believe sometimes that I am going into my fifth year in the teaching profession.  However, I must say I love second grade so much more than teaching sixth grade.  But I did truly learn a lot teaching the older ones. 

With this new school year starting I have decided this year to begin work on my National Boards.  I am extremely nervous about this process.  However, I have a WONDERFUL AND SUPPORTIVE husband that encourages me to go through this.  We do not have children at the time and there is nothing but fear stopping me.  So as this school year begins so does my preparation for working on my NB's.

Please say your prayers for us as I work on this.  Not only will it be time consuming it will also be overwhelming.  It will take patience and lots of understanding from family and friends. 

So, with that said, I am ready for my second grade friends on Wednesday.  I am looking forward to a great year!

4 comments:

Cara said...

You are going to do so well with the NB process. You have also chosen the perfect time to complete the process. Soon, 2nd grade will have a board certified teacher! YAY Lindsay!

Cassie said...

Congrats on starting your NB, you can do it!

Wells Family said...

So sad to see summer go...but it will be a fun school year!
Good luck with the NB process...we're here if we can help!

Cassie said...

Like the new format and music. You are going to do well on NB. You always do your best.