Well, if you keep up with my blog you would know that originally I had planned to take weekly outings with my grandmother. However, a few things came up this summer and we were not able to go anywhere until Friday. So the first and most likely final outing for the summer was Helen Keller's home in Tuscumbia, AL.
Tuscumbia is located in the northwest corner of the state. It is approximately an hour and a half from Birmingham. We left Friday morning around 7:30 and were home by 1:30. We even stopped and had lunch in downtown Tuscumbia at a quaint little Italian bistro!
Me in front of Ivy Green (the name of the home)!
Katie and I at the well where Anne Sullivan taught Helen to spell out water in her hand.
My grandmother and I do plan on taking more trips, however it will have to be on the weekends or my off days during the school year!









1 comment:
Remember these pios for Helen Keller and the Big Storm, or whatever that story is called....
Post a Comment