Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?

The other night Spencer and I were watching a movie and I saw Tater Tot run across the porch.  Then I saw the mean black and white cat from across the street run across the porch as well.  That brought me to my feet. I went outside and called for Tater and Piper but no response.   He was no where to be found.  That's when you look UP!!  Yes, the black and white cat from across the street had treed my two cats. 

Piper and Tater Tot 002  This has happened to Piper twice before and every time Spencer claims he's not going up after them.  Well, I still consider them babies and it worries me.  Spencer knows this so he decided to go after them.  Piper decided she didn't want to be yanked out of the tree this time so she climbed down backwards about one foot  on the otherside and fell backwards. She probably fell a good 12 feet.   Luckily landing on her feet.  But aren't cats always supposed to land on their feet?  Tater Tot on the other hand was very scared and nervous.  You could see it in his eyes.  So....

(WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT AT HOME) Spencer put our  iron patio chair on top of the railing then, not only did he stand in the chair on top of the railing, but he stood on the armrests of the chair on top of the railing.   He was able to retrieve Tater Tot and then safely climbed down himself. 

This is just an idea of how far up they were from the ground.

tree 002  Piper and Tater were in the Y of the tree.  Crazy Cats!!!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Since Spencer was able to balance like that, I think you need to sign him up for the circus...he may have a second career as an acrobat!

Cassie said...

The thing that comes to my mind is that I actually think that I have seen Spencer do his balancing "trick" to get piper down before. I really didn't realize just how tall that tree really is, wow, it is high, poor babies!!!