Saturday, June 29, 2013

Running

First of all let me just say: I HAVE NEVER BEEN A RUNNER. But, something inside me decided to change. I had a colleague ask me to start running with her in the afternoons after school. She started using an app on her phone to help us get started. I then decided to download an app too, just in case she couldn't run when I could. I actually became addicted to running. It pushed me just enough to keep on going. I had never even ran a mile before much less, three! During the month of June I ran three different 5ks! The first one I ran was the Color Run, which wasn't really a true race. They didn't even time you they just threw color bombs at you. It was fun though! My other running buddy then encouraged me to run a true 5K, so on the next Saturday we did. It was at a small church and the proceeds benefitted missions. It was great! A few weeks ago, several teacher friends and I ran the local 5k that benefitted the fire department where we teach. It was a lot of fun! I even came in third place in my age group! With all that said, I have become a runner. I enjoy it! Some mornings it is difficult to get up, but I do. I also listen to my body when it says to rest! I haven't lost as much weight as I would like, but I am going to keep pushing myself.