Spencer and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary March 19th. In celebration we spent six nights in a cabin in Wear Valley, TN. Wear Valley is located just outside of Pigeon Forge. We had an absolute wonderful time. Check out our adventures!
This is the sign located on the porch of our cabin. If you notice, Senic is spelled incorrectly. It is spelled correctly on the street sign, but someone forgot to put an extra c in there. I guess this is where the teacher in me comes out. I tend to notice misspellings.
This is the front of our cabin.
One of the two master bedrooms.
One of the two porches. This one had the hot tub.
I told Spencer while we were on our trip that I would like to go hiking. He didn't want to go everyday, but he did agree to go. Our first day there it was rainy so we visited the visitor's center and gathered our maps. One map gave a complete list of the trails. I reviewed this map and decided that I would like to do the Chimney Tops Trail. It said it was 2 miles to the Chimney Tops. I didn't think that sounded to far. It also said it was "strenuous" but, I just figured they had to say that. When I told Spencer we were going to do that trail he agreed. I left off the information about it being "strenuous." Check out our pictures:
Spencer geared up and ready for our hike. On a side note, this time we took plenty of water and I did not take any makeup, Mom.
I'm ready to conquer the Chimney Tops.
The view from the top. Well, not the very top, but as far as I would go without falling. I am actually pretty terrified of heights. Spencer attempted to go to the very top, but it is strictly rock and straight up. Also, there were a pretty good bit of people up there. We had a picnic lunch and enjoyed the view. I know you probably can't see it in the picture, but I am taking a picture of my car on the road down there.
This is the sign posted below the rock where we ate lunch. Kind of freaky!
Spencer on his way back to the trail.
Spencer once we made it back to the car. We were exhausted, but we did it. Four miles round trip straight up!!!
Super excited it was over! I am glad Spence pushed me to continue. It was exhausting.
Stay tuned for our adventure to the Biltmore Estate!









3 comments:
Yay, you blogged! I love the misspelling of scenic! It reminds me of that lovely road sign you discovered near my house!
With your attention to misspellings, I am sure my blog drives you crazy!!! Looks like you all had a great relaxing but eventful trip, I can't wait to hear the rest.
That looks AWESOME! Looks like you had a good time too. Miss you!!
Post a Comment